Special adapter for mounting the HEOSafe® universal additional lock
Art. 1958 to the entrance door from Carado / Sunlight model from 2024.
The adapter is integrated directly into the door lining.
Delivered Equipment / Items:
The kit consists of an adapter, flush bolt, which attaches to the frame, printed installation instructions and fixing screws.
Fix the pattern above the doorknob so that it is in the center position (Image 1). The space between the door seal is used as a reference point, with the arrows being at the same height as the space (Image 2). Cut the marked contour from the gasket, insert the adapter and check it. If necessary, change the position. Attach the adapter to the bottom of the accessory using the two screws (3.9 x 25 mm) included in the package.
We have consciously given up the need for drilling to insert screws. Now, depending on your preference, you can either screw, glue or leave the adapter loose, with the additional HEOSafe® locking device attached.
For screw fastening, on the bottom of the adapter frame you will find cutouts that are perforated. Drive them from the top with a 90° countersink so the countersunk screws are flush with the top. If you want to glue the adapter, please do not glue it until you have made the holes through the door for the lock attachment.
Position the door bolt at a symmetrical height to the adapter and fix it with the screws in the package (3.9 x 60 mm, 2 pieces). If the door bolt contact surface is slanted, machine the door bolt actuation area by cutting, milling, or grinding until it is straight (Image 3).
Now close the door and position the HEOSafe® lock with the latch extended into the adapter so that the latch extends to the stop. You can use the calibration shift to strengthen the inner lock so that the distance between the doo bolt and the bottom of the door boltt is about 2 - 3 mm. Also pay attention to the distance between the lock and the door bolt(about 3 mm). When opening the door, the lock must slide into the door bolt.
Mark the position and remove the inner lock (2 screws, M5 x 70 mm). Keep the fixing plate exactly in the middle of the markings, front, top and bottom. Mark the 5 perforations (4 for screw fastening and 1 in the center for the support rod) through the oval holes of the adapter on the surface of the door; then remove the adapter.
- Prepare and drill the holes accurately with a 6 mm drill and check them again (Image 5). The best way to do this is to take the outer casing seal and hold it against the outside of the door to control it.
- From the outside of the door, drill into the existing screw holes with a 12mm drill, but not all the way through (Images 6 and 7). Drill a maximum of 20mm with a 12mm drill bit. Thus, you will have greater stability of the lock.
- Drill the hole for the actuator rod with a 20 mm drill.
- Install the adapter, screw or glue it.
- Use the spacer plates to assemble the inner casing so that the distance between the door frame and the door bolt when the door is closed is about 2 mm (Image 8).
- Install the outer casing into the door (Image 9).
- Screw the fixing plate with the spacer plate(s) behind it already screwed in so that it stays in place. (Image 10).
- Fix the door lock actuator rod in the fixing plate (Image 11). Mark and cut the excess (the bar should be at the same level with the small driver safety features on the side of the mounting plate where the inner shell is mounted (Images 12 and 13).
- Tighten the screws (do not use a cordless screwdriver!)
- The closing direction of the delivered lock is basically to the right.
- To change the closing direction of the lock, remove the bolt set of the flush bolt (with the inner case removed). Turn the bolt set of the flush bolr 180° and replace it (Image 14a and b). The locking system is now oriented to the left.